Creating a community of college and career ready, lifelong learners
“Aia ka pono o ka lehulehu a ho`okumu`ia he kaiāulu `imi mau i ka na`auao.”
Kohala High provides an
Opportunity to achieve
High standards through
Authentic assessment and clear
Learning goals for
E Ala E Nä Paniolo
Rise to the Challenge, Cowboys!
Kohala High School:
Creates an environment in whichOur students are valued individuals who areResponsible for their own learning throughEffective teaching practices.
Kohala High's Clear Learning Goals (CLR)
Citizenship: Display integrity, responsibility, and respect.
- Know the individual's responsibilities and rights in school, home, and community.
- Cooperate with people to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate quality work.
- Display respect for self and others.
Literacy: Demonstrate high standards in literacy across content areas.
- Apply knowledge and experience from different learning areas.
- Read and write for various purposes and audiences.
- Assemble information using a variety of resources.
- Communicate with languages, mathematics, technology, exhibits and performances.
Reflection: Utilize a variety of authentic assessment strategies to reflect on learning and meet learning goals.
- Describe the positive and negative effects of actions or decisions.
- Evaluate progress throughout the year and make adjustments in strategies as necessary.
- Communicate learning needs and goals with teachers, mentors, and parents/guardians.
Hawaii Department of Education General Learner Outcomes
- Student will be responsible for his/her own learning.
- Student will be a team player.
- Student will be involved in complex thinking and problem solving.
- Student will be able to recognize and produce quality work.
- Student will be able to communicate effectively.
- Student will be able to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically.